Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Day No. 26: 365 Lifestyle Lolita Challenge

Welcome back to the challenge,

Today was a rather interesting task in my opinion.

... and explain why you bought it.

I gathered the purchases of the last ~30 days, which were good investems of my christmas money.
Nearly half of it was purchased secondhand, which is not very typical for me. I tend to buy from brands directly as I love the feeling of a brand new piece. In case I buy something secodhand I often don't wear it and sell it right away, if it's not an absolut dream piece or somethign I wanted for a very long time.


I purchased the black dress (which is by HMHM) secondhand because I wanted to have a dark/black dress for casual wear. I just have a more frilly dress by Alice and the Pirates which doesn't suit my taste of casual. Luckily I really like it and I think I can coordinate this piece in many ways. I'm not really used to dark colors as main pieces, so this will be an adventure for me.
At first I really disliked the design of Palace Rose Tucked JSK. The stockpictures are really unflattering with photoshoped colors. But as soon as I saw it coordinated on Closet of Frills I fell in love with it. When Innocent World had their 15% sale in December and I had to get the it, because I was sure, that it won't be on sale again in the near future.
It was a very close draw between the green and the blue colorway as they look so similar in real life in my opinion. I still think, that the green colorway has a lot of blue in it...




One of the few Bodyline pieces I like is this floral print in grey. I don't feel well in Bodyline and didn't wear my past pieces often, just because I wear my bradn pieces more often if I can choose. But this skirt is so nice and well done so I was happy to find it for a nice price. Although I need to get it altered, the corset part is too big/long on me.
There's this H&M lace cape which kind of every (German) Lolita owns by now and I'm late on the train I guess. The lace is so so so soft and delicate, very surprising for a H&M product. I don't know why I bought this one so late or why I didn't want it at first.. But I'm happy I bought it, because it's wearable above a dress as a cape or underneath as a blouse. Both looks are very feminine.
The My Anniceversary Dot Dobby Chiffon blouse by Baby the Stars Shine Bright was somehow a birthday present to myself in December. It's a cute blouse which can be worn in both, casual and facy, ways. I like dotted fabrics and the crochetted lace looks beautiful on the chiffon collar.


These head accessoires are part of my New Years resolutions. I don't had any dark headwear for the longest time and felt unbalanced everytime I wore something dark.
The two headbows are from Innocent World and purchased at their 15% sale. One in navy and the other one in black. I have many navy mainpieces, so I was in need of navy headwear. The bows are really simple and meet my taste to the fullest. You can always upgrade simple bows with more decoration but never downgrade the fancy ones.
The pillbox hat is by Alice and the Pirates from their Funeral Rose series. I traded this piece with a dear friend of mine. She always has such beautiful and unique pieces I never saw online for sale... 
By pulling the veil into different directions you can create different looks with it. A great addition to my wardrobe.





I think the hat and dark colors totally shows the direction I want to go with my Lolita style. More classic, more elegant and lady like. 
More grown up.


See you next time.


Blushing Rabbit



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML