Monday, November 16, 2015

Making a brooch/headdress

Hello my dears,

Yesterday I met up with two lovely friends and did some crafting.

With some delicious christmas cookies (yes, it's already November and christmas items are totally ok now!) and coffee we poured all our supplies onto the table to get a hold of what we have and what we can do with it.
Lace, fake flowers, fake leaves and ivy, fabrics, pearls.

I gathered a lot of lace to fullfill one of my desired projects. A lace-shabby-chich brooch.
In my opinion Shabby Chic and Mori Girl have a lot of things in common especially aesthetic wise, so I gave it a try.
If you search for 'Shabby Chic Lace Brooch' on Youtbe you'll find tons of great tutorials. I got a lot of inspirations from this one:



Aren't they lovely? Very talented.

Unfortunatly I forgot a lot of leftover lace at home, because I stored them in my desk instead of my crafting box. Whoops. But my friend had a huge bag full of cotton lace and she gave me some of hers.

Well, I'm not very crafty or creative but let's share the final product.



It was very easy, except gathering the lace. Why did nobody told me that you need fine motor skills?
But all you need is a hot-melt gun, a little piece of felt/fabric for the back, lace, lace and more lace, maybe some decoration like flowers or pearls and patience. Perfect for people who can't sew, like me.


In the end I like it. That's what matters, right? Right.

It still need a brooch pin, right now it only has a clip glued on. So practically it's a headdress.

I will definitily do more of these, they are fun to do and a good way to use leftover lace.
Let me know if you made some yourself, I would love to see your's.


See you!
Blushing Rabbit.





Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML